Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri TTL winding and meter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Petri TTL winding and meter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mads
Tinkerer
Username: Mads

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 04:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello I have a Petri TTL who is working correctly, with some issues. The winding mecanism works all right all though sometimes maybe 10% of the time, it doesn't engage the shutter mecanism and I have to give it an extra, forced, notch to be able to release the shutter. Does anybody know the cause of this problem, and what can be done about it? Also the meter is giving a constant 2 stop overexposure, maybe it's due to the fact that I'm using a 1,5 alkaline cell instead of the original 1,35 mercury cell. how can I calibrate the meter?
Answers are much apreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Removing the bottom plate will get you started. There is a small variable resistor over on the rewind side- it is the only meter adjustment on this model. While down there observe what is happening when you wind and release the shutter. The problem may be right in front of you and fixable. I hope it is. Don't be afraid to bend a lever or other part to effect a repair on this model- that is how it is done in some cases. If it is not, you will have to remove the top and "unpile" all of the stuff under the wind lever mechanism and do a trial and error thing with the gears stacked underneath in order to adjust the wind overtravel.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration