Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 Rangefinder adjust... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica Electro 35 Rangefinder adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Henryzx
Tinkerer
Username: Henryzx

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone I'm new the to room. and need your help :-).

I'm recently swapping the lens from an GTN to a GT, everything seems to be ok, but the rangefinder could not adjust to infinity (using the screw accessed from the top. It just would not match @ infinity object. Is there anything else the we could adjust beside the screw ?? You help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

B1bmsgt
Tinkerer
Username: B1bmsgt

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I'm new to the forum myself. Just saw your post and had to join to answer you. I never even use the adjustment screws. If you loosen the mounting screws for the entire rangefinder, you can move the whole unit quite a bit. This is how I make my adjustments. Just push it forward or back until you get it right. This changes the amount of travel that you get from the actuating arm on the lens assembly. It may take a few tries, but sooner or later you should hit it just right.

Hope this helps you out...

Russ

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration