Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A1 diaphragm lever problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon A1 diaphragm lever problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Uniqua97
Tinkerer
Username: Uniqua97

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a A-1, it loks and wroks excellent except for the diaphragm lever (on the left of the mirror, when you look at from the front.)

For the big apertures (like 1.8, 2.8, 5.6, 8 etc) it closes OK, but for the small apertures, it does not close fully. Plus it makes a sound similar to famous canon squeak but this time comes from the lever.

That lever starts to move freely once you close the stop down lever (buttom of the mirror from the front view), it is much tighter relative to my other A-1 and everytime I move it it makes that squeak like sound.

Any ideas why?
Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

burak.

Regards,

burak.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 83

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I presume you are refering to the aperture signal lever, when you say it is tighter and squeaks when moved. You will also have checked that the lever does not look bent - when compared with your other camera.

Unless the problem is caused by actual damage to the aperture signal assembly, I would suggest that the camera just needs a CLA. Either way, a little dis-assembly is called for.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration