Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing the top cover of a Fujica ST... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Removing the top cover of a Fujica ST-801 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Focal7175
Tinkerer
Username: Focal7175

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been using a repair manual for a Fujica ST-705 to guide me so far (I own a ST-705, too) but it seems some differences do exist vs the ST-801.

Here's what I've done so far:
1) Removed the battery cover
2) Removed the film advance crank assembly
3) Removed the film rewind knob assembly
4) Removed two small phillips head screws

The ST-705 manual states the next (and final) step is to remove the ring that sits beneath the rewind knob and surrounds the rewind shaft (not the inner ring but the outer one that the rewind knob assembly sits on top of). I don't know if that's the case for the ST-801, because the ring seems shallower than that of the ST-705 and is not stepped.

Can anybody advise me on the next step for removing the cover? If it is to remove the ring then can you also suggest how to do that? It's so shallow and I don't see how I can exert any torque on it.

Sadly, it seems that Fujica repair manuals are tough to come by. I've got a couple ST-801 repair bulletins but they assume that you've already managed to remove the top cover!

Thanks.

Cookychan
Tinkerer
Username: Cookychan

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Focal, Sorry I can't help you but I think I am one step behind you. I have a st705 and an st801 too. The light meters have both stopped working. I have the repair manual for the 705. I'm considering trying to take off the top cover off one to try and see if any wires are loose.
Should I start with the st705 or do you think it isn't to hard to get at either of them?

Owdc
Tinkerer
Username: Owdc

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there Focal and Cookychan,

I have a slmilar problem with the light meter in my ST801 SLR. I was wondering how you got on with repairing yours.

Specifically I would like remove the top cover of the camera to have a look and I have no instruction manual at all.

Do I need to remove:
1. The neck-strap lugs?
2. The rewind handle?
3. The wind-on lever?
4. Anything else?

And if so, how is each item removed?

If you could direct me to an on-line manual it would be much appreciated.

And/or if you do not mind helping me with this, I will probably get back to you in the near future with questions about light meters.

Thanking you in advance.

Chris Sands

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration