Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super - jammed curtain/mirror Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax ME Super - jammed curtain/mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stewartpratt
Tinkerer
Username: Stewartpratt

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello folks. A common problem this, I gather, just want to get a clear steer on exactly what to do to fix it.

I have an ME Super which is jammed: the pictures here show the exact problem:

http://www.stewartpratt.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=13 72

The other symptom is, naturally, that the film advance lever does not engage.

Any advice most welcome, please.

Thanks.

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 38

Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 02:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The ME Super requires battery power. Install brand new batteries and see if the mirror drops. Also, independent of battery power is the shutter dial when at 125X. So try it.

The mirror return is the last event in the sequence of operation and it is triggered by closure of the second curtain. The trigger link maybe stuck or gunked. Remove the baseplate and coax the mirror activator link with a toothpick and see what hapens.

From under the baseplate you can also untrip the wind-lock so as to facilitate recocking the shutter.

Stewartpratt
Tinkerer
Username: Stewartpratt

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 03:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The batteries should be ok - I'm fairly sure they're brand new, but will double check. Switching to 125X has no effect.

Thanks for the advice re poking around under the baseplate.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration