Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fed 5C Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Fed 5C « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob_the_waste
Tinkerer
Username: Rob_the_waste

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a bit of a shutter problem with my Fed 5C. If I set the shutter speed at 1/2 second (which isn't a normal exposure time), the shutter doesn't complete the cycle. If I've set it for 1 second, and later try to shoot at 1/500 of a second, it sometimes binds up like I'm shooting on B. In addition, some of the pictures I've taken with it have a vertical white stripe through them in different places in the frame (sometimes on the left, others on the right). Is there something that can be done to free up the curtain?

Zygi
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.Try to spray with lubricant speed setting knob to ease the gear that operates shutter as camera being old could have tarnish built up ...No risk here as it is not slr and you should not be worry about affecting mirror or focussing screen....Do not overdose though as you can wet rangefinder optics, lubricate it bit .but bit

Zygi
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 13

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 06:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...bit by bit...(-:

Rippo
Tinkerer
Username: Rippo

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yeah i know, old post, but i wanted to contribute *something*... :-)

you do know that you can't change the shutter speed unless the shutter is cocked, right? this is a quirk of the FED cameras. if the shutter isn't cocked, and you change the shutter speed, the shutter is going to behave erratically for the next few shots. and it can even break the camera.

Rob_the_waste
Tinkerer
Username: Rob_the_waste

Post Number: 17

Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rippo
I'm fully aware of that. I managed to get things straight for the most part. Then again, how often do you use 1/2 second exposure time? 1/4 second and one second work fine. Go figure.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration