Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh KR5 viewing plate Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Ricoh KR5 viewing plate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lancelot
Tinkerer
Username: Lancelot

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all :-), firstly thanks for having me here.

I have a KR5 in excellent condition except that the viewing plate has some seal glue on it and has been spread around into the plate grooves.

I have tried the usual cotton bud and solvent method for weeks without any success leaving a 'smoked' appearance over a lot of the surface.

Can anyone guide me or link to a diagram to remove the plate and place it into a friends ultrasonic cleaning tank to see if that will improve the situation at all.

Thanks in advance

Roy
Tinkerer
Username: Roy

Post Number: 7

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 03:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lance,
Don't know of a link myself but if you draw a blank I have repaired one but I'd need time to check my records. Alternatively I've got a spare screen around. Somewhere!
Let me know how you get on.
Roy.

Lancelot
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great, thanks for that Roy.
It's just a disassembly proc I need first really.
I'll keep looking for one and see if I can get the wreched thing out. In the mean time don't get rid of that screen just yet!! :-)

Rgds

L.

Roy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lance,
When I replied to your post I assumed you meant the screen as opposed to the mirror. Assuming I'm correct I'll run you through the removal if you don't find that site, if you mean the mirror that's a different story.
Roy.

Lancelot
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 07:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Roy - No, it's the plate that's the problem (microlens), and not the mirror which is fine.

Yes that would be great if it's not too much work on your behalf.

In anticipation.

L.:-)

Roy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lance. You'll have to give me a day or two as I'm busy bulding some built in wardrobes and the wife's keeping an eye on me. Well she has been waiting 15 years!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration