Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F1 batteries Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon F1 batteries « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Canonfodder
Tinkerer
Username: Canonfodder

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone get hold of the 1.35V button batteries that power the F1's meter? They were PX625s I think but everyone seems to rate them at 1.5V now - assume that might damage my camera or cause meter error (???)

Loosecanon
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.vintagebatteries.com/battery.html

Ben_hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 12

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forget the pricey Wein cell and just use a 675 hearing aid battery. They both put out the same voltage, but the 675 is smaller and without the lip that makes it into a flying saucer shape. You can use an O-ring to take up the extra space if you need to, although I haven't found this to be necessary on my FT and FTb. I'm not sure about the F-1.

I was able to get 16 675s on sale for around $5. They normally run around $.75-$1.00 each. They are rated to last a month, although I've had one in my FTb since I got it in June, and it still tests fine.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration