Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vito-b doesnot rewind Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Vito-b doesnot rewind « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Serrator_2hotmailcom
Tinkerer
Username: Serrator_2hotmailcom

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ive never fix a camera before.my vito-b [1954]wont release the film when the film is finished,it will not rewind.maybe it just needs a good cleaning.any come backs_voightlander vito_b [email protected]

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 7

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the rewind knob pop up all the way (about 8mm)when you release it?

Serrator_2hotmailcom
Tinkerer
Username: Serrator_2hotmailcom

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 03:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for getting back so soon.yes the rewind knob does pop up all the way,the winding spool wont release .

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 85

Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The release of the rewind knob is not activating the de-clutch mechanism on the take-up spool. This could be due to wear, but more likely to be caused by lack of/dried lube. It is just possible; that if the take-up mechanism is under tension - ie you tried to get one extra exposure and nearly ripped film from cassette - then the clutch cannot free itself.

I would think the camera wants a CLA, as you have already surmised.

Johnlees45
Tinkerer
Username: Johnlees45

Post Number: 20

Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now that's a lesson for us all! I didn't realise that trying to squeeze in that extra last frame could cause a problem. I shall desist in future.

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 42

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 07:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn..... I think the take-up spool is only very lightly clutched.
Does it not seem more likely to you that the film-sprocket is not being released by arm which is designed to do that when the rewind knob pops up ? It seems possible to me that since the sprocket also tensions the shutter, the shutter might be 95% tensioned and sprocket-release has reached a technical impasse.

Original poster doesn't say if there is still a seemingly irretrievable fim inthe camera. If there is - then either in a darkroom or by sacrificing the film he might lift out the cassette and thereby take tension off the sprocket. All might then come good.

My thoughts for whatever they are worth.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 88

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes; I think that the trouble is due to the 'release linkage', rather than a binding clutch. However my late father's much loved, and well used Vito-b failed in the way I described. A colleague had short loaded some reloadable cassettes, or marked them in error 36 instead of 20 exp. Father just wound on as usual and as the tail of the film was well taped, it all jammed up. I did not consider the shutter state. Once I had cut the film, the rewind clutch freed and I could pull the film off the take-up spool.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration