Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-2n Meter Potentiometer??? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM-2n Meter Potentiometer??? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nathandetroit
Tinkerer
Username: Nathandetroit

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Olympus OM-2n is 1 stop off compared to my Nikon F2 and a Nikkormat FT2. Does the OM-2n meter have a potentiometer that can be adjusted? If so, does anyone know where it is located?

Cheers,

Nate

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 92

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 07:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this the meter in the viewfinder or the one that actually controls the automatic exposures? for the VF readout there is an eccentric that you can adjust, right next to the meter movement. it is reached by removing the top cover. adjustments for the autoexposure system are different and more difficult.

Nathandetroit
Tinkerer
Username: Nathandetroit

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick,

Both are off by 1 stop. Do you have any suggestions for the autoexposure adjustment?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 93

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the pot for adjusting the auto speeds is under the mirror box floor, between the 2 meter cells. adjustment is a bit tricky, not the least because it's very difficult to tell what speed you're getting on auto. if you put a speed tester in the film plane it has to be the same reflectance as a piece of film, and the lens has to be on the camera to give it the proper amount of light.

since the adjustment up on top is basically right on the VF meter movement and also the ASA dial, i'm not sure whether it affects the meter only or the ASA (which would affect both the meter and the autoexposure system). i would try adjusting that first, before i went digging into the pots under the mirror box, and see if it helps.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration