Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help - stuck/jammed shutter on Olympu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Help - stuck/jammed shutter on Olympus OM1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rich
Tinkerer
Username: Rich

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 01:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just bought a beautiful Olympus OM1 with working meter. Half-way through the first roll the shutter jams/get stuff and I can't fire the shutter or advance the lever.

Any hopes of being able to fix this myself - and if so, how?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mel
Tinkerer
Username: Mel

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rich, Your post is old, by now I hope you have it fixed. As owner of two OM-1's you have my sympathy. If I had that problem, first I would try rewinding the film. If that failed, in a changing bag or dark room I would remove the film and get it processed. Now, with film out, does the camera work? I'm thinking something jammed the film so it would not advance which also cocks the shutter. Any sprocket holes torn out? Any film chips jamming something? Do the easy things first. Good luck. Mel

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration