Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Needed. One giggling pin for a laugh... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Needed. One giggling pin for a laughing shaft. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Streetlife
Tinkerer
Username: Streetlife

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. What’s the special tool and or home made item that removes (unscrews) the retaining ring on the front of my 50mm 1.8 Nikon.
All the best.
Scott.

"Asking first avoids tears and the need to raid the wifes housekeeping to buy a new one."

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 94

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a set of short pieces of PVC pipe to which I have glued rubber to the edge on one end. I choose a suitable size for whichever lens I'm looking at, press firmly and twist. Even more effective than rubber is that double-sided foam adhesive tape stuff... it sticks to both the lens ring and the PVC pipe so you don't have to press so hard to get a grip. There are also rubber crutch tips in some very handy sizes, and micro-tools sells rubber tools for the purpose.

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer
Username: Fiftyfifty

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got a set of floor proctectors, that are used between a piece of heavy furniture and a wooden floor.They are about 2.25 inches in dia and made of rubber.I got them from B+Q, and cost about £2.00 for 4

Streetlife
Tinkerer
Username: Streetlife

Post Number: 6

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 02:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah Grasshopper! The fog lifts.....

Thanks Guys.
Scott.

Wsboyd
Tinkerer
Username: Wsboyd

Post Number: 35

Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Left or right handed pin ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration