Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica C35 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 31

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for a wiring diagram/schematic for a Konica C35automatic. The needle only quivers a bit and I suspect the wire fom the battery cavity to wherever may be corroded through although the cavity end doesn't look too bad. If I have to replace the wire I'd like to find an easily accessible "wherever", not necessarily where Konica originally attached it.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 37

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Charlie, a wiring diagram will only show you HOW battery box, CdS cell and meter plus variable resistor are wired, but not WHERE (red and black) wires actually can be found inside the camera body, this is to say that what appears a soldering joint in the diagram can turn out to be a wire of some length in reality, and vice versa.
Especially with the Konica 35 you can be sure that the ones who designed the camera were interested in two things: they neither wasted material nor time during camera production. So you do not have a choice, I'm afraid, put the new wires exactly in the same place of the old/rotten ones.
Rewiring a K 35 is not a very demanding job, but extra care (!) is a must when working at the meter, especially if you take off the RF array or the front plate (which is both necessary for a complete electric overhaul) as then the meter needle is "naked" and prone to be broken off easily. I own several of these otherwise fine pocketable cameras and in most of them all the wires (not just the black ones!) were somehow defective. In other words: do not trust a superficially perfect wire, it may, like the soldering, be a far cry from being fine! Replacement wires must not be too thick, space for wires right of the front plate is quite narrow. Computer mouse cables are my source of spares in this respect. W.

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 32

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A lesson learned. I was a little hesitant to begin a major disassembly, in spite of your encouragement, because of the excellent cosmetics of this particular camera. So after removing the bottom plate and the battery compartment and seeing no trace of corrosion on the solder pads I decided to take one more look at the negative contact. It appeared to be spotlessly clean but I dipped a Q tip in some acetone, swabbed off the contact and the outside of the battery, reinstalled the battery, and SUCCESS. The meter needle jumped into action. Now to try some film. Thanks for the info, I may need it in the future. Meanwhile I will always clean the contacts and batteries. Always.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration