Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Mat 124 G Mirror Cleaning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica Mat 124 G Mirror Cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Toxdoc
Tinkerer
Username: Toxdoc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm new here and delighted to find this forum. I have a recently purchased Yashica Mat 124G with a very dirty mirror. Looking back at it, there may be some fungus on the mirror. Everything else is clean and functional. Images are great. I would like to clean the mirror. If I remove the four screws around the finder does it just lift off? Does the glass and brightline screen go with the finder? Is the mirror then accessible so it can be cleaned. I saw the picture of this assembly posted a couple of days ago in a post about the meter. I also have the manual, but can't tell if the the holding springs have to be removed to pull the glass or if they go with the hood. Any help? Thanks much
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 97

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, it just lifts off and it takes the groundglass with it. All of the meter stuff stays with the camera, there are no particular tricks to worry about.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration