Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Alpa 6b SLR 35mm - tight release trigger Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Alpa 6b SLR 35mm - tight release trigger « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Linnmaster
Tinkerer
Username: Linnmaster

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I picked myself an Alpa 6b 35mm camera from way back and it has a very tight realease mechansim. I have attempted to lubricate it but cannot really get to what is causing it to be so tight. As a matter of fact, I don't even know how to get into the guts of the release mechanism. I can get in the top, from the bottom, but it doesn't allow me to get way down into the realease mech. Is it accessible by removing the front leatherite? Or is this particular alpa meant to be like this?

Also, with the shutter speed down to 8 and below, when you release, you depress the button just enough to get the mirror to come up, and have to depress it futher to relase the shutter. Above 8, it seems to be OK. Is this normal? Do the curtains need retensioning?

Thanks for all your input if you have any suggestions / opinions.

Thanks
David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration