Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

A different Nikon FE shutter problem. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » A different Nikon FE shutter problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nikontessa
Tinkerer
Username: Nikontessa

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 03:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings to all on this forum from an enthusiast for Nikon, Olympus and Zeiss Ikons. Of course, I also have a problem camera I’m keen to fix. I’ve come across an FE (3300xxx) with an unusual shutter problem and would be very grateful for any advice from this group.
Whether or not there are batteries loaded, and whatever the shutter dial is set on, the shutter always works at what appears to be the M90 speed. The only exception is B, which works properly (of course not dependent on batteries).
Does this mean an interlock or lever, that prevents M90 working when an electronically controlled speed is set, is perhaps stuck in a “M90” position? Removing the bottom from this FE and another that works, all that I can see responding to the speed dial being set to M90 is one of two small, adjacent levers about ½ way between the electromagnet and the motor-drive (slotted) wheel. This small catch seems to be working properly.
So the question is can something inside be gently manipulated from the bottom, or is this a full disassembly to access the shutter control board? Also does anyone have a detailed schematic they could provide please? The one I have found is a bit too schematic to be helpful.
Many thanks in advance, Karl.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration