Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

MTL3 Fix works Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » MTL3 Fix works « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jtoriz
Tinkerer
Username: Jtoriz

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 04:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

iŽll try to improve my english, my camera isnŽt working, great notice...

iŽve read all your notes and pictures. then iŽd try.

this is a common failure. at least with me.

the film was over, i took it out, as usualy, when i put a new one, the system doesnŽt, workshere are the pacient diagnostic:

The film advance jammed
The shutter button will depress normaly
The self timer lever is working normaly
The advance lever got stuck, The lever will not allow more than 10 degrees of movement
there may be something jammed in the gears
I Try manually rolling the film sprocket inside the camera until the shutter is cocked. Then fire the shutter, doesnŽt work.

finally i oppened as show...

i cant remove the exposure plate to check the gears area.

does anybody know how to fix it???

Jtoriz
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 04:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 44

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 05:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is nothing relevant under the baseplate - so put it back.
Also put back the shutter release button.
Otherwise your measures to remove the top-plate are correct (except you make unnecessry work by removing the film-rewind shaft) It would be a good measure to put is back whilst you have the top-plate off.

See in my posted picture the spring just above the left top-plate screwhole. The left side of that spring is 90 degree angled.
It is the wind-lock spring. The wind-lock arm can be pulled toward the front to release it. I would guess that the wind-lock arm , being of very steel, is bent in some way and becoming mechanical interference. If you lift the wind-lock arm you should be able to advance the film advance lever to complete its stroke and cock the shutter. You can then carefully watch repeat actions and see what is going wrong.

MTL Picture

Jtoriz
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks iŽll try it

and let you know news

or request HELP!!!

or SOS...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration