Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Grey Baby Rollei PC Socket Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Grey Baby Rollei PC Socket « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike_kovacs
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_kovacs

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anybody had the front panel off a grey baby rolleiflex? There is a spanner nut inside the PC socket that is really difficult to get out. Besides this, it appears the usual four screws under the leather, the MXV knob and the front lens cell have to come out.

Any tips for getting that bugger of a spanner nut out?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 101

Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The MXV knob is a right hand thread. You do have to come up with a special spanner to get in to the nut around the PC socket. The lens cell does not have to come out.

I'm not sure just which spanner I used, but one way might be to get a piece of brass tubing the same diameter as the nut and cut back the end leaving 2 prongs sticking out .... I've got a couple of those that I made for SOMETHING....

Wayne
Tinkerer
Username: Wayne

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 01:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mike. That nut in the PC socket sounds similar to the Rollei T set-up. I did what Ric suggests and made up a tool - I had an old telescoping TV or radio aerial lying around and one section of it was just the right diameter. It's easy to work because it's thin brass, but strong enough to undo the nut once you've fashioned some prongs on it with a file.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 102

Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The T is even worse than the Baby .... I'm not fond of that camera at all.....

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 99

Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Find a couple of broken drill stubs/panel pins/piano wire that fit the slots in the nut. Roll a cylinder of epoxy putty and push in the 'pins' at correct spacing. By choosing the right pin material and making sure there is plenty retained in the epoxy; these makeshift tools will even remove nuts, that because of clearance problems, would appear to need a tubular pin spanner.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration