Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Ftb QL Rewind Crank, Shutter an... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon Ftb QL Rewind Crank, Shutter and Button Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Apeiron
Tinkerer
Username: Apeiron

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 02:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.
a few days a go i just push the rewind button which placed in bottom side of body. and pull the rewind crank. and then my body jammed :-( when i pull the rewind crank end off the pull the shutter fires by itself but one of the curtain doesnt work and also the shuttle not locked so i cant use the button neither. is it fixable? what can i do i am afraid of to open the body for repair man if he cant reassembly the body.

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the frame counter window still visible? They are notorious for coming un-glued and fall in the works

Apeiron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

counter is visible but not count on 6

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 107

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we getting a bit muddled here? Seems to me, you have not answered Krp's question. In the rectangular cut out on top cover-plate (to view numbers), is there the clear plastic protective window? If this is missing you will be able to touch the counter disc with a screwdriver or similar. As Krp stated, if this window falls into the 'works', all kinds of problems can arise.

Sorry to be asking what might appear to be a stupid question. Raising the point now may result in a quicker answer to your problem.

Apeiron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 01:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry guys i am dumb at the technic or mechanical things so i bring it to the repair man. he said he explode the body and reassembly he said he can solve the problem.
Thanks for your interest...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration