Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleicord III frame counter issues. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Rolleicord III frame counter issues. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Myequation
Tinkerer
Username: Myequation

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have info on how to repair a frame counter in a Rolleicord III? Should my rollei stop from frame to frame? Mine will wind through an entire roll if I let it. Also when I open the back door it doesn't go back to Zero. I would think that I need to take off the side panel but I can't figure out how to get the focusing knob off.

Greyhoundman
Tinkerer
Username: Greyhoundman

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Opening the back door never did make them go back to zero. You have to push in on the center of the wind knob, and at the same time, push down on the little silver button next to it.

Myequation
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

UPDATE! Sorry this is a Rolleicord V, it doesn't have the push button on the knob

Glyn_coburngee
Tinkerer
Username: Glyn_coburngee

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This sounds a very similar problem to my MPP Microcord, see the listing before yours.
I have downloaded a complete Rollei TLR repair document for all the series of TLR I think, not had time to look at it, will contact you if any use to us.
Glyn

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 46

Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I recall correctly the Rolleicod V has an interchangeable counter mechanism so that an alternative counter can be fitted for film formats other than 6 x 6. If yours is the original counter module it will be marked "12". It is not likely that your described problem is other than in the installed counter module - so I suggest you remove it and check it out before resorting to removal of the leatherette and side-panel.

If you can get you hands on another counter module, a substitution test would clarify all for you.

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My V does not have an interchangeable counter, I think those came with the Va and Vb models.
The counter resets when opening the back.
As the counter window is open dirt might have wandered in and the counter might just be stuck on some dirt. I had the same problem with my Rolleicord II and that got fixed by taking the panel off and brushing all the dirt out. The frame spacing is linked to the counter as I wind on the film there is a distinct click when the next number centers in the window and the winding knob blocks.
The side panels are very soft and bend easily, make sure it is straight before putting it back on as the counter can get stuck on the side panel if it is bent.

Myequation
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds good Lucas I'll try iy..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration