Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

WERRAMATIC EXOSURE METERS Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » WERRAMATIC EXOSURE METERS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brandsman
Tinkerer
Username: Brandsman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know anyone who can replace a selenium cell in a Werramatic - in UK or Europe? Thanks, Richard

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 48

Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beautiful cameras. I have seven of various Werra models in my collection - each of which I have either rebuilt or restored.
Are you sure that the selenium cell is dead? Whatever you do - don't disconnect the lead from the selenium-paint face of the cell - because you won't be able to remake the joint unless with electrically conductive epoxy (hen's teeth stuff).
But isolate the other ends of the two wires and see if the cell yields any (very low order) voltage under strong light.

If it does - you can boost its reading by removing or shorting out the ballast resistor. I have done this on a couple and arrived at readings which were within one ƒStop accuracy - which is of course easily compensated as long as you are aware of the under-reading.

Hope this helps

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 34

Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 06:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I need conductive epoxy I go to an auto parts store and buy one of the small kits used to repair rear window defrosters. A small tube of epoxy is included.I don't know how it stacks up against other sources but I have used it to attach a new wire in my Elecro 35 GSN in place of the original which had coroded.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration