Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-370n Advance Lever Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta X-370n Advance Lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richards
Tinkerer
Username: Richards

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK... so my art teacher just lent me her old Minolta X-370n camera to get acquainted with since I've been exploring photography with a passion in the past few months, but with a 10mp digital camera. she said she hasn't used it in a year or two, but it still looks to be in excellent condition. I am unfamiliar with it, but to my knowledge, the film advance lever is locked, or, it wont rotate completely. it will only go aobut 2/5 of the way and then stop. Maybe i just fear breaking it and nothing's wrong, but something tells me its not supposed to be this way. if anyone can give me an answer, that'd be great. thanks tons!

Chris Richards

Henry
Username: Henry

Post Number: 40

Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever should turn about 160 degrees. But the shutter button must have be already released...and the camera must have batteries in it.

Don't force it!

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 20

Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One other thing to check, silly as it seems: make sure that there is not a film in it that is in need of rewinding, or jammed in some way. If this camera has sat unused, you never can tell.

Needless to say, if you've opened the back and know it's empty of film, disregard this.

Kitedan
Tinkerer
Username: Kitedan

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first part of the lever travel - maybe the 2/5 your refer to is designed to open to allow you to have your thumb behind ready to wind on when shooting sucessive shots, it does not engage the wind on mechanism. So as pointed out above, beyond this initial travel it may be jammed, or not have batteries.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration