Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rim Set Compur / Blades don't close? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Rim Set Compur / Blades don't close? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Myequation
Tinkerer
Username: Myequation

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm working on an old Rim Set Compur from a great little Rolleiflex standard. The shutter "works" and all speed can be set and fired. For some reason the blades will NOT close. I have dismantled this shutter cleaned it and put it back together. I can't seem to figure out why the blades will not close. I can push a lever within the shutter and force the blades to close, then I cock the shuttter, release, it fires but the blades never close on their own. Can anyone help with this? Maybe send links or pictures? My guess is a spring is missing or out of place?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 112

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

there is a little spring to close the blades. offhand i can't think where to tell you to look for it.... i think about at 10:00 as you look into the shutter, down at the bottom of the case near the plane of the blades.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration