Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit 3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zenit 3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob_the_waste
Tinkerer
Username: Rob_the_waste

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A couple of months ago, I was the fortunate recipient of a Zenit 3. Granted, it looked like it spent some time on the bottom of a river, but it was still functional. However, with a little tlc, it was brought back to some sense of decency. Then, the first test roll came back. It was terribly out of focus. With the help of some of the kind people here on this forum, I was able to adjust the angle of the mirror, and the next film to go through it came out much sharper (I was delighted with the result). The one issue that I dealt with after the fact was perhaps a little overkill. The grip part of the film advance lever was broken off, and whoever had the camera before, drilled, tapped, and inserted a screw into part of the advance lever for a grip. I removed the lever, took it in to work, and had another piece of aluminum welded to it. I ground it down. I kind missed the angle with it, but it is quite functional, and it works like a charm. I'll live with it the way it is.

John_f
Tinkerer
Username: John_f

Post Number: 8

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 01:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have the wind lever upside down.

Rob_the_waste
Tinkerer
Username: Rob_the_waste

Post Number: 16

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John.
The lever is not upside down... It is a home made handle, and that's the way it got welded on to the original advancing disc. I got the angle wrong, but the disc or advance lever will not engage if it is upside down.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration