Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

DeJur Dekon-SR fixed-lens SLR (Japane... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » DeJur Dekon-SR fixed-lens SLR (Japanese) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a DeJur Dekon-SR fixed-lens SLR (early 1960s Japanese), and the shutter-cocking lever is jammed. The shutter seems to be released.

I admit that I have yet to begin dismantling it to find the problem, but I was hoping someone with expereince with these might be able to give me some tips as where to look and what to look for. Is the problem usually in the top or the bottom?

The mirror is in the down position. I pushed up the mirror and can see through the lens. Is there no leaf shutter? Does the mirror function as the shutter?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_shriver
Tinkerer
Username: John_shriver

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Same camera as the Topcon PR-II, which might help in finding service info. DeJur-Amsco was the US importer for this model.

According to Antonetto's book (Topcon Story), it's got an exotic picture taking sequence:

1. Iris stops down

2. Shutter closes

3. Mirror rises

4. Shutter operates for exposure

5. Mirror falls

Then when you wind the shutter is re-cocked.

Leaf shutter Topcons are feared by many, repair-wise.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration