Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Canonet QL17 - an unregarded cl... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon Canonet QL17 - an unregarded classic. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_f
Tinkerer
Username: John_f

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently bought one of these...not the 1972 GIII version, but the plain 1969 QL model. It is a beautiful little camera, with the same body, meter and lens as the sexier GIII, but costing 1/5 of the GIIIs price. If you're interested in a lightweight rangefinder camera, at a good price, this is the one to look for.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geowelch
Tinkerer
Username: Geowelch

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've owned and used one of these for a couple of years now, and found it a really pleasant camera to use - bright view finder, sharp lens, quiet shutter. I didn't like the focus lever at first (I'm used to focus rings, having used mostly slrs previously) but now find it very quick to focus. Great camera for street shots. Its hard to find a lens shade that doesn't obscure the viewfinder though - this is true of most rangefinders. I lucked out and found a 48mm skylight filter with a short rubber shade attached at a camera show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration