Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 Lens collimation... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica Auto S2 Lens collimation... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bliorg
Tinkerer
Username: Bliorg

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all -

As a last project on my Auto S2, the lens needs to be collimated. Checked it today and it's off at infinity. Now, I've done this on Retinas and Agfas and a few others, but can't figure out how to do it on a Konica.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 58

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the lens out of focus or just the RF ?

Bliorg
Tinkerer
Username: Bliorg

Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The infinity focus is off, Werner. Figured it out, too - remove the trim ring with the distance scale on it, and there are three set screws that mount the focus ring to the helical. Loosen those, and you can adjust the position of the focus ring, which effectively allows you to adjust the extent of the helical travel.

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 60

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is how I usually do it, simultaneously following this link http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html?repair/KonicaAutoS2/KonicaAutoS2.html~Ma in
W.
PS: I once changed the lens infinity setting (which was ok) too quickly, and then realized it was only the RF that had to be recalibrated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration