Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Om-10 disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Om-10 disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omwof
Tinkerer
Username: Omwof

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new here, please could anyone advise on the safest technique to remove the hinge pin from rear cover of an om-10. The repair manual simply says use a no2 screwdriver, but nothing else.

Thanks

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 118

Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 07:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think if you peel back the leatherette just forward of the hinge, you will find a flange with some small flat head screws in it... remove these and the back/hinge assembly comes off of the camera. Then you should be able to drive the pin out of the hinge with a pin punch.

Omwof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply.

I have peeled back the leatherette as suggested, but found no screws. I assume that the no.2 screwdriver is supposed only to be used as a pin punch? If this is the case any advice on the proper usage of a punch would be great help.

Thanks again

oli

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 119

Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i just peeled back the leather and light seals on my OM-G and you're right - it looks like the hinge barrels are part of the body casting in this body. In this case I guess you would have to remove both the top and bottom covers and then drive the pin out with a pin punch. The punch wants to be the same diameter as the hinge pin or slightly smaller (about 1 - 1.5mm in this case), and you tap it with a hammer from above or below to drive the pin out of the barrel. Once you have it started, you can usually pull it out with pliers.

Omwof
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 09:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Done it thanks. It was just a case of using pin punch rather than precision screwdriver. Thanks for the help.

Oli

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration