Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1 meter won't light Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon A-1 meter won't light « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Antonolsen
Tinkerer
Username: Antonolsen

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings. I've recently become re-interested in film photography and picked up a Canon AE-1 and an A-1 with a couple lenses cheap.

I'm having a problem with the A-1 though. The battery test lights the LED once, then it turns off, no blink. The shutter button also causes the LED to light once, then off. It also won't fire the shutter. I don't see any LEDs in the viewfinder.

I've tried two batteries, the one from the AE-1 and a brand new one. I get the same results from both. Both batteries show about 6V on the volt meter.

Does anyone have some recomendations on where to start? I've been readint though the A1 service manual from canonfd.com and haven't yet found a reference to this problem.

Thanks,
Anton

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration