Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

FTB QL Counter Frozen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » FTB QL Counter Frozen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beth_nagle
Tinkerer
Username: Beth_nagle

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am toying with a FTB QL body and note the counter will not reset when the back is opened. Is this difficult to fix? I do have a repair manual on hand but would love to hear from others on whether someone of average intelligence, average looks but yet good hand skills can fix this. :-) :-)

Ben_hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 18

Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the same one which you replaced the light seals on?

If it is, you may have put foam over the little pin that's responsible for disengaging the counter and allowing it to reset.

Otherwise, the little clear plastic window may have fallen out and fallen down into the counter mechanism, jamming it up. This requires pulling the top cover and locating the piece.

I would suspect the first problem.

Beth_nagle
Tinkerer
Username: Beth_nagle

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Ben, it is the same camera but I am sure it isn't due to reseal as I failed to get that particular seal in properly (hence waiting for new kit). I am looking at the counter now and all I see is a black piece with the number. So, if what you are saying is that there should be a clear piece above that and flush with the top of the camera then it appears to be missing. I need to find me the right tools.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration