Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

RTS III dirty contacts? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » RTS III dirty contacts? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Didzis
Tinkerer
Username: Didzis

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an RTS III camera, that has the following problem.

When I switch it on, it often does not "come alive" - meaning when I half-press/press either the shutter button or exposure check button the illuminated display in the viewfinder does not light up (and I cannot press the shutter button completely to take a picture). I have to press either of the buttons for 2, 3 or sometimes 4 times, before the camera wakes up and the viewfinder display illuminates - then I can take pictures normally (as long as the viewfinder display is on). Furthermore, I can hear a soft clicking sound when I thus "train" these buttons. Once the camera is "woken up", pressing (or half pressing) these buttons, does not produce these clicking sounds anymore - as it should be.

It appears to me to be some kind of dirty contacts problem - the electric signal does not come through.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? And if it could be dirty contacts problem, would fixing this be an realistic DIY project with the help of factory repair manual?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration