Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Asahi S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5 Focus Pas... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Asahi S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5 Focus Past Infinity « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anirban
Tinkerer
Username: Anirban

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,

This lens was not correctly focussing to infinity, so I fixed that as described for the Super Takumar in an article on this website (focus adjustment was very similar).

The lens focusses correctly now, so focussing on a 5 ft. obj-to-film distance aligning correctly at the 5ft mark and a the infinity mark aligning correctly when focussing on a conifer half a mile away. However, I see that the infinity mark goes past the expected end point.

The focus distance scale has a tab that is stopped from going past the infinity mark by a short thick pin (don't know the technical name) on the barrel. I thought the pin might be bent, but that is not so.

Is there any way of adjusting the position of the pin? Or is this normal on this lens?

Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 61

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 07:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When the lens is correctly focused on infinity - the other scaled distances will be correct. The rotational position of the focusing barrel is adjustable so that when the optical focus has been acurately established by ground-glass screen in filmplane method, the focussing barrel can then be installed with correct indexing - and locked up with the set-screws.

I have an Article posted on this forum as alluding to the Super Takumar ƒ3.5 135mm - and the funamental processes are the ame.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration