Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Autoreflex A3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica Autoreflex A3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cyclenut
Tinkerer
Username: Cyclenut

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 07:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many Thanks for a chance to seek help here. This camera is tripping the shutter when I crank the film advance. Does not happen every time but too often to risk film. Thanks Henry

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 128

Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds like the mirror cocking lever is not being pulled far enough to latch when you wind the film. you can see some of this by removing the baseplate, there is a sort of slide linked to the wind lever that pulls the mirror cocking lever. observe how far it pulls it and see if you can get the problem to go away by pulling the lever a little farther than the slide pulls it. i don't recall if there is an adjustment for this, look where the slide is attached to the wind lever shaft. it could be caused by wear, or a loose pin or screw in the linkage, and you might have to bend or shim to correct it if there is no adjustment.

Cyclenut
Tinkerer
Username: Cyclenut

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick, I wanted an idea of what I am dealing with before opening it. Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration