Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT missing a strap lug Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta SRT missing a strap lug « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a Minolta SRT that is missing one of the strap lugs. Assuming I can come by a replacement, how do I fit it. Does this require a complete disassembly of the camera? Are these parts interchangeable from camera to camera or does each camera have unique strap lugs?

P Laskey

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting question. Normally strap lugs are held into the cameras internal body casting by a small screw. You need to take off the top plate to get at this. Often you can find that a lug from another scrapped camera will fit, or will fit after some filing down. I've never taken an SRT apart though, maybe another person can advise on this. I understand they are quite complex.
P Laskey

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you'd have to take off the top cover; it's not particularly hard to do, the main tricks are the red dot above the lens which is really a screw (you have to pick the red thing out of it to reach the slot), and the ring around the shutter release button which can usually be unscrewed with a rubber pad on the end of a round stick (I think you have to cock the shutter first so that the shutter release button can move down out of your way as you press the tool down onto the ring).

I believe the lugs are secured by a screw from above. If you lost a lug, you may have that screw floating around in the camera somewhere and if you don't find it, it might wind up stuck someplace unpleasant.....

: ) =

Robert

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Strap lugs are unique. The SRT's seem to be secured by pan head screws - I'm looking at the National Camera reprint of the factory manual from the early 70's.

Lee Crump

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a SRT carcas on my desk. The Strap Lug was removed by removing a phillips head screw directly above the lug. This screw is only accessable by removing the top cover. If you would like to buy this e-mail me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration