Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT202 self timer stuck in 10... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta SRT202 self timer stuck in 10 o'clock position. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I made an error and posted this in the Restoration section also. The self timer will not advance past the 10 o'clock position and the shutter will not fire. The mirror is in the up position and the shutter button will not press down. Is this a shutter problem or a self timer tab problem? Is it an easy enough fix for me to attempt on my own? Any help will be appreciated.

Robert

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I resonded to this in the Restoration section. My reply should not be taken as a flame.
In other news, the 1.4 MC normal lenses is covered in the SRT repair manual. Having no personal experience in working on Minolta lenses, all I can say is "good Luck."

Lee

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Robert. I'm gonna give it a shot. Nothing to lose anyways. Regards, Lee

Lee Crump

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The one experience I have with a shutter lockup on an SRT involves the levers that shift the mirror. These levers had become locked up and simply needed to be unjammed. The difficult part was that the camera needed major disassembly and reassembly to access these levers. The mirror box needs to come out of the front of the camera. This is held in by 4 screws under the leatherette on the front of the camera. before this can be done the top cover needs to be removed and the prisim assemble needs to be lifted out. I recommend you buy a SRT repair manuel off ebay before you attempt this.

Lee

Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info, Lee Crump. This might be a little too much work for me so I'll probably chuck the camera onto my huge pile of cosmetically mint but non-working cameras. Regards, Lee Y.

Terry

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 05:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Want to get rid of any of the "cosmetically mint but non-working cameras"? I have a repair shop in south eastern Pa., Southern Exposure Camera Repair and we are always looking for cameras for parts.

Ed

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might try cocking the selftimer fully and then the wind lever, giving a little extra push at the end. Then trying tripping the shutter and see what happens. Ocassionally, the levers in the bottom in the wind lever area get of time and this might correct it.

Lee Crump

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lee, if your going to chuck the camera anyway why not plunk down the $10 to $20 bucks for the repair manuel and approach it as a cheap self guided class in camera repair. You will invest $10 to $20 and maby 5 to 10 hours. At the worst you could come out with a lot more experence. At most you could come out with a working example one of the best all manuel cameras ever made.
If you still don't want to try fix it let me know how much you would want for the camera.

Lee

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've changed my mind about dumping it and am making an attempt(nervously)to fix it. Thanks again for your advices Lee C. and others and wish me luck. If I fail miserably I'll let you know. Regards, Lee Y

Lee Crump

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have any questions I'll keep up with this post.

Ray

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Lee:

How's the repair going?...

With best wishes,

Ray

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration