Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Tl-Super meter question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Tl-Super meter question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a recently overhauled Yashica Tl-Super. When I was pointing the camera to a lightbulb then other day I realized that the meter is much more sensitive on the right side of the viewfinder, halfway between the center fresnel and meter needle. I thought these cameras had center weigted metering. Is there anything wrong with my camera? The meter is accurate otherwise.

P Laskey

Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would guess this is because one or other of the cds cells (not sure if these cameras have two, most seem to) has been displaced and is "looking" at the wrong part of the finder screen.
P Laskey

matt

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am a student and have used this camera a ton. i love it and couldnt live without it. the other day i shot 3-4 rolls in a very low-light situation but used a flash. the flash is a vivitar auto 30d dedicated. i had bracketed my exposures, and used shutter speeds ranging from 500 to 125. i used f5.6, f 8, f.11. but mostly f5.6. when i developed the pictures i got 3 blank rolls of film. i didnt not leave the cap on, and i doubt i loaded it wrong 3 times. i shot kodak t-max 100. i shoot with a flash rarely and am not to experienced with it. but i expected to at least get an image. what is the problem? how can i fix it? i love yashica. -matt

matt

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry this is matt- my camera is a yashica tl-super!!! sorry.
i wrote the entry above

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Matt, from what I remember the sync speed on the TL-super is 1/60 sec. Anything above that and the shutter is never fully opened and won't expose correctly. Some older cameras also have a separate connector or switch for M type flash bulbs. Be sure you use the one for X flash.

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot to mention - you can test the flash sync by opening the back and looking through the shutter from the back while triggering the shutter. If you don't see a flash of light through the camera, then the flash is not sync'd correctly.

Bruce Henderson

Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Yashica TL Super SLR camera that I purchased in 1969. I am trying to source both an Instruction and a Repair manual.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Bruce H
South Australia

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration