Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minoltina P cleaning and light seals Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minoltina P cleaning and light seals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Stone

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was cleaning this little camera and I added seals to the door. The original was really just powder. Now I can't get the door to latch. Any tips on how to correct this? I would also like to take top off and clean view finder on inside. The only way I can see to do it is to take the winder off and remove the lock ring. No screws anywhere but the bottom.
Thanks

Jon Goodman

Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Doug.
I want to say there is a retaining ring under the winder, and the collar around the shutter release button is also screwed in to provide fastening to that side of the top. It has been a while since I saw one of these, though. As for the latch, I'd remove all the seals and start over...you might check to see if it works with no seals installed at all. The hinge seal probably should have been a very thin (1mm) fabric seal and there should have been no latch end seal...at least if memory serves.
Jon

Tony Cucchiara

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, does anyone here know where online I can print out a manual for this camera? Thank you. -Tony

lasse ekendahl

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 06:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I just bought a Zeiss Ikon Contessa( so called dreamcontessa). To my great disappointment the rangefinder is slightly out of alignment. What do I do . Is there anyone who kindly will tell me how to adjust the rangefinder I would be very greatful.
Very Best Regards
Lasse Ekendahl
Stockholm
Sweden
PS Where can I find a manual for this camera.
DS

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration