Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica V 2 repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fujica V 2 repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Werner J. Becker

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Need the help of those who know the Fujica V 2.
When I got it nothing except the focussing worked as it should. After cleaning both the shutter blades (one of those tricky Citizen shutters) and the iris blades of the automatic aperture mechanisn incl. reinserting the tiny aperture coil spring outside the shutter housing I discovered that the meter is not ok. It is not electrically dead (also the Cds-cell is ok.), but the moving parts of the needle trap mechanism do not swing freely (the mechanism is similar to that of the Olympus RC, what you see min the finder is not the needle itself but the corresponding aperture indicator of a relatively complex mechanism).
It was no problem to remove, repair and reinstall the complete lens barrel with the shutter, top cap and bottom plate, but now I'm stuck because I do not want to harm the probably delicate meter.
Who knows how to get to the core of the metering system, the moving coil, etc for inspection or repair ? Has anybody got parts or a junker with intact innards ?

John Mitchell

Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem with two V2's. The meter is busted in both.

I will keep checking here to see if you ever get any decent replies to your question.

By the way, in one of my V2's (the one that goes to 1/1000th of a second) the aperture blades are stuck wide open. I would appreciate any advice on how to open camera so that I can get to the blades. Thanks.

WernerJB

Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, nobody ever responded to my question, but this is not unusual, because it seems not many people know the V2. I learned that if you want to have a problem solved you have to solve it on your own, that is why I am used to solving problems on my own. Please have a look at my today's other entry.
The meters in mine weren't working either, but a repair was possible. V2 meters often do not move freely because the bearings are too tight for a reason I do not know, but I guess this pressure on the bearings is caused by chemo-physical changes widening the glue that was used to put the array together. Electronically those meters are ok, but unfortunately the V2 is not an easy camera. There are delicate parts inside, but basic skills in tinkering and logical thinking are half the job, the other half is experience which does not come by pondering matters over, unfortunately.

WernerJB

Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John, it's me again. Maybe this helps: I nearly spoilt the first V2's meter, then got another one, a junker (this was the only reaction to my forum entry), and ... fixed both of them, because then I knew what I was doing; that is why I say, experience is one result of learning by doing, so just do it, if you want to find out if you are capable of doing it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration