Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Please say something, anyone! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Please say something, anyone! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ermal

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi!
I just bought a yashica electro 35 gs, from the outside it looks in very good conditions. I couldn't find a battery so decided to "create" kinda battery adapter. with a 6V battery. Now, the check light works. the underexposure light works, the overexposure light doesn't. speed is 1/500 or B, if the camera thinks the exposure is OK it'll use 1/500, if not, it'll light up the underexposure light and if i press the shutter it'll use B for speed. no other speeds available. what could be wrong? how can i fix this camera? CAN I?

Winfried

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You probably can. The Electro35 are among the most mentioned cameras on this forum, there are quite a few things to check: the plastic pad (or the presence of the 'clunk' when winding it), cleaning the contacts inside etc... just check the archives and then you will know more (and hopefully be more hopeful...)

Jon Flanders

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/picnet/electro/page_01.htm

The above site shows how to take apart an Electro GS.

I suspect the "pad of death" which is difficult but not impossible to replace.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration