Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

K1000 help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » K1000 help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Melissa

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got a Pentax K 1000. For some reason when I get my pictures developed they come back blank, like its not taking any pictures. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

henry

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, a Pentax K1000 is a very popular model and has probably taken thousands of photos already. My guess is it's just bored. Tired of taking photos and wants to do something else...like hold down papers or hold a door open. :-)

But seriously...we need a bit more information. Like for instance, are you sure you loaded the film correctly and it feed through properly? ie. did the rewind knob turn as you advanced the film.

Remove the lens, set the shutter speed to...anything!...open the back and look through the camera as you trip the shutter. See any light? If you do, my bet is film wasn't loaded correctly.

Henry

melissa

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I'm sure the film was loaded correctly, and it fed right. I did what you said and i did see light. any other ideas???

henry

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, if you saw light, some amount of exposure is being recorded. Was your negatives totally black or totally see through? Did you see more light at slower shutter speeds?

It isn't very likely the film was bad. But the processor you took it to might have screwed it up. Ever use them before?

Did you see the curtains move as you released the shutter? When cocked the frame is blocked by the first curtain. It travels to the left immediately followed by the second curtain, blocking the light again. It happen like that?

melissa

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah everything was like that. Maybe I did load the film wrong. My negatives were totally blank, like i never even took a picture.

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Loading faults are common with the K1000. Its takeup spool is particularly prone to letting go of the film leader just after you close the back (Pentax introduced a wonderful, fool-proof spool at about the same time the K1000 was introduced, but they only put it in the M cameras).

Next time you load, give it an extra wind before closing the back to make absolutely sure that it's attached, and watch carefully for the rotation of the rewind knob as you advance the film while shooting.

Connie

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was wondering if your camera is working correctly now?

Robert Leth

Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With my Pentax K 1000, before I shut the back,I wind the film once. I then shut the back and gently and slowly take the slack out of the film by turning the crank. When you feel a little change in resistance, stop immediatly--the slack is out. Now, as you advance the film counter to zero you will see the rewind mcchanism turn. If not, the film has come loose for sure, instead of the rewind mechanism not turning because of the slack within the film cartridge. Doing the previous (and advancing only once before you close the camera) yields extra exposures--I think, (I am a newbie). Also, before you shut the back of the camera you can advance the film twice, if you would like. This ensures an even greater chance of the film "staying put" in the advance mechanism.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration