Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Lynx 14 film advance problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Lynx 14 film advance problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Flanders

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up a Yashica Lynx with a stuck shutter. Was able to free it up easily with lighter fluid.

I find, however, that the film advance after the shutter is cocked has no "stop". You can advance it again without firing the shutter.

How much of a problem will this be to fix?

Any tips?

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a lever located between the shutter relase button and the wind shaft that does the lock on the winder. Most likely this lever is either sticky and needs cleaning or the spring on it has been dislodged. Remove the top cover to get to the lever.

Jon Flanders

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look. The glass on this one is mint. I hope it's a keeper.

Jon Flanders

Jon Flanders

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I looked for the lever, saw something that looked like the lever you described at the front near the wind shaft. It looked like it is supposed to move over and catch on a notch on a disc that is around the wind shaft. If this is it, it is stuck pretty well. I did push it over manually, but even then it didn't catch. Could it be bent as well as stuck? Or am I looking at the wrong thing? I suspect I am.

I don't know whether I want to disassemble everything to get at this if I can get away without it. Just have to remember when the shutter is cocked.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration