Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon Nikkor Ai 135 mm f3.5 lens disa... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon Nikkor Ai 135 mm f3.5 lens disassembly / repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nicholas O. Lindan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have disassembled/assembled many AiS lenses. AiS lenses only needed a screwdriver to get at the diaphragm. I am having trouble with a 135mm Ai f3.5, it does not (seem to) come apart in the same way as an AiS.

I have removed everything I can get at from the back. I can not find any tiny screw hole on the side of the barell. I'm stuck.

This AI lens seems to need some ring to be unscrewed. Before I mung the whole mess to @#$%^%$# and back, does anyone know the correct way to attack this lens
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In most Nikkors I've worked on, the inner barrel comes out to the front, and then you remove the front cell to reach the diaphragm. These have been mostly non-AI and AI series I guess, but there have been some AIS ones too. The only trick I recall in the 135 was something to do with trying to get past the retractable lens hood; the details of which escape me at the moment.

: ) =

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration