Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super - I'm very tech illit... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax ME Super - I'm very tech illiterate-please help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mimi Lee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I will apologize first for not knowing the correct terms to use. The button you push to rewind the film seems to be stuck. I can't get the shutter button to "click" and the film advance lever doesn't seem to work either. I've tried to close and reopen the back latch a few times to see if it'll release it, but no dice. I've never had this problem before so I can't really tell if the rewind button is really stuck. Any suggestions?

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 06:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a fresh battery in the camera? If the shutter is cocked and the battery is dead, then the dead battery won't allow the shutter to fire and the fact that the shutter is already cocked means that you can't wind the advance lever again. If you then push in the rewind button on the bottom, that will stay in until you move the advance lever, which again you can't do because the shutter is cocked because the battery is dead.

So first, try a new battery.

: ) =

henry

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

B and X are mechanical speeds on the ME Super. Turn it to one of those and let us know if it releases the shutter or allows it to wind. Also look in the archives and read how to reset the camera. You can even read my short little article on resetting. Look in the article section. There is also a more indepth article on the Super there too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration