Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Disassembly of Canon EF 35-105mm 3.5-4.5 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Disassembly of Canon EF 35-105mm 3.5-4.5 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Per

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lens has been dropped subsequently is was out of focus. I have disassembled it and found the error. The central zoom lens element has loosened form the barrel cam. Tree spring loaded sprigs has obviously lost their grip in the barrel cam when it was dropped. I have not disassembled more of the lens than I am able to reassemble again. But I cannot find a way to get the tree sprigs into the barrel again without disassemble it further. So far I have removed the lens mount, the PCB and the barrel with the rear lens. I want to get into the front of the lens, but cannot figure out how to get in there. Can anybody help me with a hint or a drawing of the lens?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Per

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After some times spent examine the lens under a microscope I found the answer myself. For the record I will short describe the disassembly of the front. The AF/M switch has to be removed. The manual focus ring can be separated into two rings. 3 screws holding the front cover shows up. From here the rest is rather obvious. The lens is now reassembled and it seems to be working.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration