Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica GE problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fujica GE problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

leon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi - I have scored a nice clean example of this little camera and have just sourced and fitted the batteries. I think I have some problems.

As far as I understood, this camera has both an Aperture Priority function ( i thought I'd read that it has shutter speeds from 4 secs to 1/500) and an auto setting. Although I'm not 100% on details as there is very littel info in theis camera online that isnt in Japanese ... and the google translate function is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

My problem is this:- a red light lights up on the top plate and in viewfinder whenever i depress the shutter half way at any setting, film speed, aperture or auto. I think this might be an underexposure indicator. When in auto, the aperture definitely changes according to light levels so that appears to working to some degree. It apears as if the camera is stuck on a default shutter speed (like as if in a flash mode), the shutter speed doesnt seem to change at all - definitely no 4 sec exposures in low light. All external funsctions and buttens seem to be working (mechanically at least)

can anyone help me with this ... is this something easily fixed ? Wihtout the batteries, the shutter doesnt fire at all, and the batteries are fresh out of the packet so I dont think it's them ...?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration