Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta himatic 7s Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta himatic 7s « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Azazello

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone know where the vertical adjustment for the rangefinder is on this camera, or what it looks like?

Also, i can't move the aperture and shutter rings from "auto" any advice?

Thanks a lot!

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Azazello,

With the lens pointing away from your body, there will be a small lock on the right hand side of the shutter/aperture dial. Press it and than you will be able to move the dials off the 'Auto' position.

To adjust the vertical alignment, top cover should come off. My 7S is at home, I recall there to be an adjustment screw on the mirror right under the accessory shoe. You might even be able to access it by removing the serial number plate, thus exposing a hole right above the adjustment screw.

It might be better to remove the top plate anyway, since most of these finders have picked up fair amount of haze over the years and it is a good idea to clean them. Just make sure to be careful the semi-transparent mirror between the eyepiece and the large finder window. Do not touch the side facing the eyepiece - once the coating is gone, the rangefinder becomes unuseable.

Good luck,

Jan

Azazello

Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Jan, that aperture thing was bugging me. Nice second name.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very common Czech name, unfortunately no relation to Antonin. Do love his music though.

Good luck,

Jan

Azazello

Posted on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, i'll just mention my findings in a bit greater detail to help. There's two screws attatched to the mirror back, one gold, one black, the black one is vertical alignment, the gold one, when loosened means that the mirror moves a bit horizontally, however i assume there's another screw that actually controls this, if anyone else would like to add, or correct, I welcome their submission.

weeming

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Azazello,
I've got a Hi Matic 7s too!
Can you please tell me how to remove the film advance lever?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration