Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander vf101 problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Voigtlander vf101 problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a nice clean vf101 but with a couple of problems - the frame counter does not return to zero. I'm thinking this is probably old dried-out lubricant, but is there anything to watch for if I take off the top plate?

Also, when cold, the shutter only fires at one speed - no, it's not the batteries, they are new and warmed before I put them in. Could it be the circuitry is suffering from the cold?

Finally, sometimes the red f-stop indicator inside the vf does not move with the selector - again, when it's cold. Odd & I have no idea why temperature should affect a mechanical linkage.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok - well, I went ahead and did it anyway - there are no real problems in removing the top plate, just making sure that the shutter release button goes back in the right way around.

As anticipated, the counter was stuck with dried out lube. One small drop of this oil has released it and sorted out the problem.

While in there, I was able to lube the pivot on the aperture indicator, this is driven by two springs and would not move on this camera. Oddly, while this was stuck, the auto exposure system would not function. Now that both the meter neddle and indicator are moving, the shutter works fine.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration