Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Walzflex TLR, stuck focus Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Walzflex TLR, stuck focus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 08:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

before I disassemble this camera beyond the point of no return, I hope to get some pointers here.

I have used TLRs, but never had them apart. The focus mech. on mine is stuck, and I will first try to get at the mech. with a little solvent by taking out the mirror. But if I have to dissassemble to clean gears, etc., do I have to take the lens, shutter, everything off from the front? Or do the sides come off? Any advice?

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuck focus is a common problem on that camera. The grease turns into something like epoxy. Most of the time solvent alone won't work. It has to be scraped off or picked out

It will be an almost total disassembly to get to all the problem areas. You may be able to make it usable by going in from the top, but there are some cams and such inside the side panels that need to be cleaned and those can only be accessed with the side panels off.

Here's an article on how to do it:

http://daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/walzflex/walzflex.html

I think Matt Denton has an article on this camera as well.

Scott

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 04:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tips and the link. I recall seeing your page on the topic some time ago, and I have been trying to find it again. I'll likely be back with more questions later when I take it all apart.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration