Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

SONY VX1000 HEADS HELP!!!!!!! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » SONY VX1000 HEADS HELP!!!!!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tyler Oxendine

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay i am think bout bidding on a Sony vx1000 on ebay and he says "something is wrong with the heads,produces picture but the picture is washed out with chroma green on the bottom half"
Does anyone know the what the problem may be and if so does anyone know how much it would cost to get it fixed. PLEASE help me thanks for your time
TYLER

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tyler,

1: What, may I ask, is a Sony VX1000?
2: This is a forum for tinkerers with mechanical, non-electronic cameras.
2: If what you had was an Exakta VX1000, you'd get plenty of help... ;-)

Jan

M Currie

Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did a quick and cursory search of Ebay, and saw another VX-1000 whose seller mentions that he recently replaced the heads, and it cost him $500 to do so. My basic assumption when I see a used item sold with a malfunction is that it is probably worse than the seller would like you to believe. If it weren't, he'd have fixed it before selling.

There are some pretty neat looking Exakta VX1000's there too, though...(slaps own hand..no...no..you do not need an Exakta....!)

henry

Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Everybody needs an Exakta!

WernerJB

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Q#1: which one? Q#2: what for? Q#3: why?

henry

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A#1 The model manufacturered in the year you were born!

A#2 So you can look at something either in better physical shape than you... or in worse...depending upon your vanity level you'll buy a pristine one or a junker.

A#3 If you were a tinkerer the answer would be obvious: They don't make 'em like this anymore. They don't seem to make folk like us anymore either!

Henry :-) That felt good!

Jan

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
My VX1000 dropped just from a height of 10cm on a desk. I still tryed to grab it with the viewfinder but it slipped out of my fingers. Nothing was broken seen from the outside and the camera still records and plays fine but the viewfinder gives black. If I look closely I can still see a picture and data on it but it's very black. Can anyone direct me to a solution for this or does somebody knows where I can find a guide on the internet to safely open a VX1000?

Marek Lewandowski

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 01:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

probably broken backlight... if the CCFL tube is gone, it may be a costly repair, as they are not exactly standard... But it might be just as well a plug that jumped out of the socket.
Be careful, its high voltage stuff - w/o lamp connected the supply might be well over 1kV, under load - up to 250VAC, high frequency, so it easily "hops around". If it was Royer-feed, the power supply for the lamp might be a goner if run w/o lamp for a longer moment.

WernerJB

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...thanks for the empathizing encouragement, I took great pleasure in learning that, of course, Exaktas are a must.(What's second best: equally practical Rollei 35s ?)
In sad cases like mine a pre-war junker will most probably be the perfect match, as I do not even have a vanity level but an expiry date obviously not too far away.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration