Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica ?TL: meter-shutterspeed coup... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Praktica ?TL: meter-shutterspeed coupling - how much slack is OK? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marek Lewandowski

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a "new old camera" - Praktica LTL3. Got it broken, turned out just jammed (although I had to take it all apart, including removal of the front part together with the mirror cage...). Anyway, it seems OK mechanically, didn't test the shutterspeeds yet.
Now I'd like to get the lightmeter trimmed, well, I found the trim-pots to do it, but I get something funny: As I cycle 1/15s - 1/30s - 1/15s I get a different reading (by about 1EV) than if I cycle 1/15 - 1/8 - 1/15. It seems the gears that transfer the shutterspeed/ISO setting down to the potentiometer in the camera base have some 'slack'.

1. is it normal? 1EV (maybe even more, if considering the general CdS accuracy...) is not little for slide film...
It's my first praktica with TTL meter, never touched any before.

2. is it trimmable? Where to trim it?

TIA & greetings from rainy Karlsruhe
--

Marek Lewandowski

Robert

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's working OK (for a Praktica) - 1.5 stops is the factory tolerence.

Marek Lewandowski

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanx. anyway I managed to tighten the gears a bit and now the difference between two readings of same scene is only about 0.5EV.

What troubles me still is the 'laziness' of the lightmeter indicator: It won't notice 0.5, sometimes even 1 stop change in aperture until I tap on the camera... Like it was getting stuck or something or something hidered the coil... Don't know how to clean/adjust the coil support - I see the gauge itself, those two screws holding it, but it's glued in and I'm afraid to force things.
Any ideas how to get the assy out?
TIA, greets!
Marek

bram

Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a praktica vlc of which the entire mirror return mechanism doesn't work any more like it should which has effect on the working of the shutter.
Has anybody got a technical diagram of this particular camera(1974) or comparable ?
thanks for reading
Bram Holland

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration